Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nice...real nice!



You know....I like to think that I have an understanding family. One that not only loves my wife and I but would never, ever do anything behind my back. A family that would never keep my wife and I in the dark about anything that would be considered the least bit life changing.

For 32 years and three weeks I lived with that secure feeling.

This past Friday, the walls of trust were smashed to the ground when it was revealed to me that on Tuesday, June 27th my sister Christine was proposed to by her boyfriend Jerry.

Now..... from Tuesday to Friday, just over 96 hours, not only my immediate family, but it seems everyone in the NY/NJ area was told of this most exciting news...People at work, relatives, heck, even strangers on the street were all let in on the news that my lovely sister and her wonderful fiance' had become engaged to be married.

SOMEONE, I won't say who, thought it would be a great idea to keep my wife and I clueless for 96 hours! Can you imagine doing that to someone you love? Sheesh....I don't know if I can trust anyone anymore! The family had a big laugh at our expense and now the focus shifts to the happy couple and their plans.

Now I COULD tell you nice people on the web what they are...but I think not telling you would give you a slight sense of how I felt when I was told and therefore make me feel a little better.

Ahhh....that's better.

Now, in all seriousness, Amy and I are so happy for Christine and Jerry and their future together. They are wonderful couple to be around and they are having so much fun calling each other "fee-aahhhn-SEHHH". They visited us this past weekend and to celebrate, Amy and I redesigned the Washington Monument in celebration of their announcement. It was a last minute job and since my mother could not be found to help celebrate the announcement, it was the best my wife and I could muster.

Congrats to my sister and future brother-in-law!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home