Wednesday, August 09, 2006

3 & 1/2 Minutes....

I opened up my e-mail this evening to find the following message from my mother:

Hi Honey,

Now that you are feeling better I look foward to a blog update for Christine and Jerrys big day Friday.

You know how you did that one for Dee and Chris....and it was so damn cute....they would love one

not to mention all your blog groupies ...like me


Mom


To summarize... Last Thursday I was in the hospital, suffering from a sever sinus infection and spells of vertigo. I felt like absolute crap and the battery of tests that they put me through at the hospital did not help out the hypochondriac in me either. However, just to be safe they went through all of their tests and found me to be OK, except for the aforementioned sinus condition. The anti-biotics they have me on are throwing me for a loop and only TODAY have I felt anything like my old self. Then I open up my e-mail......

It really should no come as a surprise to anyone. I mean this is the woman who gave the biggest guilt trip to either of her children whenever they summoned up the courage to suggest they might just be sick enough to miss school. I think in 12 years of grade school and high school I missed four days total. Three of them were for illnesses that could very well be featured on a two-hour special of "House".

That e-mail above is making some more sense, yes?


What is the "big day" that she is referring to? Well this past Friday, August 5, 2006.... MY SISTER GOT MARRIED!



That's right. My sister officially became Mrs. Christine Elizabeth Alfano at New York City Hall at 11:20 AM in a brief, 3& 1/2 minute ceremony attended by family. I know it's expected of me to go on this long, lengthy digression about love and how patience, luck, fate and destiny all have parts to play in this wonderful happening.

All I keep coming back to is this: I love my sister. My wife and I are the happiest we have ever been for her. What's more is that she has found her perfect man. Jerry loves and honors her every day. Plus they simply are a wonderful couple to be around. If only to see how they interact with each other; One minute they could be all lovey-dovey and the next playing practical jokes on each other.

This is how couples should be. Congragulations to you both on the beginning of your life together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home