Thursday, September 14, 2006

What a month!

I am so glad that August is over.

Apologies for the above statement to:

Jerry and Christine, who's wedding we attended.

Chris and Deanna, because we had a wonderful time during our trip to Louisville; a place where they make baseball bats and smoke like chimneys. Great fish there though!

Mary Ellen & Jay, who visited us.

My father who celebrated his birthday on the 25th.

My little cousin Michael, who celebrated his birthday on the 24th.


I am just so glad that August is over because I can not remember a month where so many things went wrong with me from start to finish. To begin with, we had the sinus incident/hospital visit during the first week. Right after that we had the Meclizine mishap where my meds were causing me to feel worse than when I was in the hospital. There was a slight reprieve (Louisville) where all was well for a few days. Then upon our return I proceeded to pinch a nerve in both my neck and back which rendered me immobile for a week. Seriously, I moved around like to robot from "Lost In Space."

"DANGER! DANGER! AMY MCKENNA, WATER IS BOILING, PASTA MUST BE INTRODUCED. DANGER! DANGER!"

One bottle of Motrin and some fancy stretches later (thanks Chris), I felt back to normal. Right in time for the trip up to St. Bonaventure for Brian and Shawna's wedding. This was the weekend we had been waiting for for just over a year. A chance to return to our stomping grounds and relive life like it was back in the mid-90's. One thing I found out toot sweet:

"You really can go home again but just don't expect to drink like you were able to when you were first there."

Make sense? Good. So after so much drinking, my immune system was in disarray and decided to punish me with a bad head cold. I am just getting over it now and unfortunately, Amy caught it before I could have it banished from our apartment. She's almost 100% as of this writing.

(knock on wood)

This brings me to my second subject. What do I do with my first few days of good health? Why I completely mess up a whole room in our apartment. Why? Just because I can and just because every six months I get the urge to redecorate a room. Move everything around, get another point of view.

Well I got a little ahead of myself this time and I really don't see any way out without some consultation from any reader of this blog. Between all of us I am sure there are at least 1,000 "Trading Spaces" viewing hours. Put them to use when you look at the following photo:




In the above photo is:

One convertible couch, one coffee table, two end tables, a computer desk w/ chair, three waist-high bookcases, a TV cabinet, one 30" HDTV which weighs as much as car and, according to Amy, one hapless husband.

Oh yes....I forgot. One dancing crocodile.

According to the Park Station website the room itself is 14' 2" x 9' 7". If you are looking at the room from the top of the stairs the longer walls are on the left and right.

How would you situate everything in the room? Submit your plans here. The winner will receive naming rights to the loft for the length of The McKenna's tenancy. Good luck and think outside the box!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home