Monday, January 03, 2005

History

The evidence is in from New Year's and believe me, most of the pics I've seen show the same face as the one I posted below. Getting drunk is better advertising for Gatorade than anything Michael Jordan did in the 80's & 90's. It's an elixir. If you are planning to get sauced go out and buy two 32 oz. bottles (make sure you get the Frost brand, that is, no color because the traditional ones leave a bad aftertaste in your mouth) and put 'em in the fridge before you go out.

It's gold Jerry....GOLD I tell ya!

Sunday was a day of rest in every sense of the term.

So now it's back to the grindstone. I like my job right now but it has no room for advancement. It's freelance work so I'm hoofing it in downtown DC on the days that I'm not in the office....getting the word out that the GDP is in town and available. I've done everything but scribble my resume on the Union Station bathroom stall.

I've also started the official Ryan McKenna PowerBook fund. It's up to $350 right now, which is about a third of the way. I stopped in the Apple Store in Tyson's Corner and test drove the 12" (another Aerosmith reference, DAMN!) and convinced myself it's going to be the machine which will best help me make my future happen. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that over Christmas I was inspired by a gift.

Amy got me a family history plaque which has my family's crest and a brief history of it's name. Turns out, my family comes from County Monaghan in the northern province of Ulster in Ireland. It gives a history of when my ancestors came to this country and what they did, specifically, it gives the most notable accomplishments. As it turns out the most notable accomplishments come in the field of literature. Our family has never been one to make mention of the accomplishments of our ancestors, simply because we come from so many different backgrounds, but me being the most Irish looking (and acting as New Year's proved again), I found an instant bond formed between me and my past family members.

So here I write, trying to stir up what I know is inside me. Finding any and all outlets to keep on keepin' on. Am I a novelist? Columnist? Lyricist? Maybe.....gasp a poet? Who knows? I could end up writing for Hallmark.

The die have been cast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home