Monday, May 02, 2005

54th Street, NY Line III, Day 1


Day 1 on the Line Posted by Hello

Hello class,


Just an FYI, I broke myself into the world that is NY Line this past weekend. Shift #1 was this past Saturday from 11 am to 3 pm at the Ziegfeld Theater on 54th St. between 6th and 7th Ave. Episode III arrives in theaters on May 19th and between now and then I am going to be making numerous trips back and forth to the city to join in the festivities. It's going to be fun, and no, it's not what you think. We do not get in a single file line and just tap our feet and check our watches for the shifts. There are tons of events going on and the always inquisitive foot traffic who take a moment to ask, "so what are you guys doing?" or my personal favorite, from a 20-something recent college grad who asked me, "are you guys Star Wars fans?"

Mind you, I was standing next to a guy who was dressed as Darth Vader......here's your sign.

Also, I was happy to see that Brian Conaghan was gracious enough to click on the animated button you see to the right and donate to the Starlight Children's Foundation. Please, if you can...do the same...follow B's lead and remember, "It's for the kids!"

This weekend I take a break and head on out to the Blue Grass State and the Kentucky Derby. Lt. Remillard has his new digs all prepared and Vinny and I are all set to go. It's actually very impressive how we did it. We both booked flights out of two different airports which arrive in Kentucky 20 minutes apart....I'm sure it happens all the time, but I was impressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home