Tuesday, January 25, 2005

You daaaaam right.

iPod update:
1,766 songs, 5.4 days, 7.13 GB (out of 40)

Last album added:
Roger Waters, The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking

So I'm walking to work this morning and it dawns on me that a person is very insulated from all around him/her when you have the tunes going.

Case in point. I have the iPod on shuffle so 1,766 tunes play in order and "Alive and Kicking" by Simple Minds comes on. This tune has a great start, good bass drum beat. Next thing I know I'm walking pretty briskly to work! It's the darndest thing but I feel like the coolest guy in the town. Walking with tunes is like having your own theme song (every good hero should have one).

With an iPod, everyone is Shaft.

So that got me thinking. What are my personal favorite walking/Shaft-esque tunes?

- "Bullet the Blue Sky", U2
- "Staying Alive", The Bee Gees
- "Moby Dick", Led Zeppelin
- "One of These Days", Pink Floyd
- "All Mixed Up", 311
- "Would?", Alice In Chains
- "Rockin' The Suburbs", Ben Folds
- "Monkey Man", The Rolling Stones
- "Xanadu", Rush

Happy downloading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home